Pages


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W is for

is for
Wheels

Spring Break in Nashville(con't)
This is another bag story

I don't think I told you way back in ‘B’, the night before my departure to Nashville, I discovered the zip to my suitcase was broken. I had to make an emergency trip to the shop for a new one. I found and purchased a suitcase and matching laptop bag.  Since I was a small child I dreamt of owning a full set of matching luggage. Alas….I have yet to realize that dream. But I digress back to ‘W

Infamous Bag
This tale of Woe unfolds enroute from Warm and sunny Nashville to the Winter Wilds of Wisconsin. There were no unmerciful queues to deal with, my bag was checked in a timely fashion and I actually got on the flight I had booked. Whew!


Th flight arrived in Minneapolis on time.   Met Husband waiting in the baggage claim area. We made our way to the carousel were we Waited and Waited some more because as usual my bag is one of the last to appear. Husband sighs…..his short term parking fee has just increased by three dollars.

Husband pulls Week old bag off the carousel and it keels over! I grab the handle to straighten it and it keels over again. On closer examination I notice a Wheel is missing. When my bag and I parted ways in Nashville it had four Wheels.  On arrival in Minneapolis it had three.  I insisted on reporting the missing Wheel. Husband looked at the time and sighed with resignation. Parking fee was about to take another hike. 

I queued to lodge my complaint at the baggage desk.  Who do you think I come face to face with.  The Airline Desk Lady who checked me in on 'A'.   As I relayed my tale of Woe I wondered if she remembered me.  She came out from behind her desk and examined my three Wheeled Week old bag. 
 "I'm sorry we don't cover damaged luggage.  The best I can do is give you a $50 voucher," she said. 

What a nice Airline Desk Lady!

16 comments:

Heather M. Gardner said...

Groan. They just don't make things with quality any longer.
How frustrating but it sounds like a good ending!

Old Kitty said...

I say yay for you for sticking up for your rights and getting some compensation!!! But booo for that shop for selling you sub standard luggage! Take care
x

Jules said...

You all must have those gorilla luggage testers up there in Wisconsin :) At least you got a voucher :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Talli Roland said...

Well, that was nice! At least they gave you a voucher.

Jan Morrison said...

Not a bad price for a wheel. Can you get it fixed? Such adventures you have...
Jan Morrison

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Haha, I bet she didn't even hear you. $50 for a wheel isn't bad. What's funny is that your husband is like most of us who would rather take a loss than waste time dealing with buearocrats.

Brigid O'Connor said...

Nice one, Ann.
And to think of all the lovely stuff you had been doing since A and she was still there at the airport.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

wonderful wheel... and w's
A to Z Blog Challenge Participant
Jeremy [iZombie]
izombielover.blogspot.com

Zan Marie said...

Good grief, Ann! Nothing lasts any more. But after only one trip! That's too much. ; )

Plain Jane said...

What a patient husband...and kudos on the $50.

Anonymous said...

$50 is good. Well it would be if you turn it into NZ dollars :)

Denise Covey said...

Oh I love these travel cautionary tales. I once had the locks smashed off my luggage. Maybe customs wanted to take a peek at all the goodies I'd brought with me. Hmm.

Denise<3

Tracy said...

URGH!!!! 50 dollars; really? isn't it just appalling!
and they wonder why everyone wants to take their bags ONTO the plane anymore!
have a great eveing!

N. R. Williams said...

Do you remember the old Samsonite commercials were they dropped luggage out of an airplane and it fell to earth with no damage? Perhaps you should ask if they tested your luggage to see how it would hold up.

Sorry about that.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Wow, I never thought about complaining about my luggage being messed up. My luggage seems to come home missing a wheel or with a hole in it every time we fly...

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ann ... patience is a virtue isn't it - and this is W. That does sound woeful .. but with an S for sunny end!

Hope you utilised the $50 properly .. paid for the extra parking I expect??!! Cheers Hilary