Pages


Monday, April 18, 2011

O is for

is for
Oragious
(stormy)

When I arrived in Nashville the weather was heavenly. The high 70's low 80's. (25*C approx.)


I had been forewarned, so my case was brimming with sleeveless tops, capri pants and flip-flops. The only wintery outfit was the one designated for traveling.

The Infamous March Blizzard hit Northern Wisconsin the day after I arrived in Nashville. I sat with a smug smile in my sleeveless top, capris pants and flip-flops as husband bemoaned Oragious weather.  Sub degree temperatures and more than six inches of snow.





A few days later my smug smile was replaced with chattering teeth. Oragious weather hit Nashville. No, not sub-degree temps or six inches of snow, but after the high 70's and low 80's the mid 40's sure as H. E. Hockey Sticks felt cold. Especially for one whose suitcase was brimming with sleeveless tops and capri pants. A raid on LS's wardrobe was the only course of action open to me. That or pneumonia.

I decided not to interrupt my Nashville jaunt with pneumonia.  Pneumonia would just have to wait until my return to Wisconsin.

11 comments:

Talli Roland said...

I've never heard of this word before, but I LOVE it! Great O, Ann.

Samantha Vérant said...

That's some word. it even sounds "stormy."

VR Barkowski said...

Oragious is a new-to-me word - and it's outstanding! Now that I live in the South, I need as many words for stormy as I can get. :)

Theresa Milstein said...

Poor you! You can leave the Wisconsin weather, but it seems it will follow you all the way to Tennessee!

Never heard of oragious. Now I know a new word!

Robyn Campbell said...

So sorry Ann, but the word is awesome. I'm jotting it down. Have to.

And just think? Now you've experienced a storm in Tenn. :-)

Anonymous said...

Now Oragious isn't a word I've heard before :O0

Manzanita said...

Good word. You GOT me. Wasn't even in my little dictionary but I found it online. You one smart cookie!! That's more than annoying when you pack the wrong clothes. One time I went to Vegas with just warm weather clothes and it snowed.... in Vegas yet in the spring. I'm with you.... no pneumonia.
Happy Oragious Day. I'm gonna make that word my own.... use it 3 times.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Brrr, yes, I wish it would just stay warm. *hugs*

Don't get sick!

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Rosalind Adam said...

You know what they always say, It's not the bad weather that causes the problem, it's the wrong clothing. ;-)

Ellie Garratt said...

I'd never heard of this word either. Oh, my. The weather was certianly changeable!

Ellie Garratt

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Stop by my blog, I gave you an award.