Pages


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D is for.......


During my stay in Nashville my Sister and Brother-in-Law brought me to see the Doyle and Debbie Show at the Station Inn.  What a laugh.  I laughed so hard my sides hurt. My face ached and my hands were red raw from clapping.  This is a riotous sublime parody on Country Western duos, the battle of the sexes and cliched lowbrow Southern culture. A rip roaring romp of "policital incorrectness"

Once my ears had become accustomed to the exaggerated southern twang and I realized the majority of script was in song the laughter started.  There was so much happening on stage.  It was a job to catch everything.  My head was moving from one face to the next, like ping ball following.  The facial expressions were entertainment in themselves. The sidekick/back-up musician sat behind Doyle and Debbie and lent his facial expressions and telling shrugs to the mix.  It was one romping good belly laugh from beginning to end.   

My sister spent most of the day repeatedly telling me, I might find this show on the rude/crude side.  When we emerged from the Station Inn she nervously asked what I thought.  I told her it was one of the funniest comedy shows I had ever seen.    One I am sure I would need to see a number of times more to catch all the  nuances.  She was visibly relieved.

If you are in Nashville on a Tuesday at 7PM , be sure to check The Station Inn's  calendar for confirmation Doyle and Debbie are appearing.  And if they are, get yourself down there for one hilarious show.

Thanks Sis! 


25 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

I love this, Ann! It is so great to be shanghaied by laughter...and good of your sister to be both nervous and willing to take you there.
Jan Morrison

walk2write said...

It sounds wonderful! I wonder why your sister was so nervous that you wouldn't like it?

Talli Roland said...

I've never heard of this show. Thanks for the heads up, Ann!

Ann said...

Hi Jan, It was a great show. I would recommend it to anyone. Nothing like a good laugh.

Hi w2w, Poor Little Sister, she had been in the company of someone who took offense to the act/show and was unsure if her older more stuffy sister might be of the same ilk.

Ann said...

Hi Talli, If you are in Nashville, this show is a must see.

Old Kitty said...

I wanna go to Nashville and see!!! They sound like a riot!! Yay!!!! D for daring Doyle and Debbie!! I like that your sister thought it'd be too x-rated rude for you!! LOL!!

Take care
x

A said...

Oh Ann it sounds wonderful!

Roxy said...

Love comedy shows! There's nothing like a good laugh to make life look better. I'm happy you had such a great time.

Words A Day said...

I wanna go to Nashville now! And its all your fault!:) Good on you getting to D! Enjoying the posts!

Len Lambert said...

Haven't heard of this show, Ann, but would love to see it. :)

Plain Jane said...

Catching up on your A to Z has been such a laugh. What a great storyteller you are. Now I MUST go back to Nashville just to see this show. Of course, I can visit old friends, too.

Áine Tierney said...

That sounds fab. Nothing beats a good live show. And there isn't enough good comedy in the world!

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackee said...

That sounds like a great and funny show. Every summer we go to a Bar D Chuckwagon and those guys are pretty good too. They make fun of old country yet keep it entertaining even if you don't like country.

Thanks for sharing, Ann! Glad you had fun with your sis!

Little Sister said...

News from Nashville is that Doyle is relocating to Chicago soon, looks like you caught the tail end of a beloved Nashville tradition

Little Sister said...

http://www.doyleanddebbie.com/index.htm
check them out

jkraus8464 said...

That sounds like such fun. I have become so much more of a country fan since I got older. It is great music with such wonderful messages. Enjoyed your blog again.

Tracy said...

Isn't it fun to laugh that hard at times? I think so...great 'D' and defintiely unique!

Anonymous said...

Lol, sounds fun!!

Jules said...

If I ever get down there I will be sure to check it out. I guess this made up for the airport snafu :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Denise Covey said...

Waal, Ann, I'd lurvve to be in Nashville but sadly I can't make it. I've never heard of this show, of course, but it sounds ripper! Glad you enjoyed it so much. (I love your pretty Letter Art.)

Thanks for travelling to Darfur with me.

Denise<3

L'Aussies Travel Blog A - Z Challenge - D is for Darfur

Robyn Campbell said...

I'd nevah hurd of this un, honey, but I spect it sounds purty good.

I'm in NC, but if I get to Nashville, I'll have to see this show. I LOVE to laugh. So this is one I wouldn't miss. Wish it was on TV. :)

Trisha said...

I love a show that can make you laugh like that!

Anonymous said...

lol I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Oh the pain of laughing hard. hehe

The Words Crafter said...

If we ever get back that way, we'll check it out. Glad you had a great time :)