Pages


Saturday, April 2, 2011

B is for Baggage


My stomach churning I grabbed my Bag and ran as fast as my little legs could carry me through the doors of the airport departure area. I located a Delta person…

”I was told by curbside man I had to check-in here. Something about special handling?”

“There's the line,” he said.

 “I have been queuing outside for over an hour. My flight leaves in half an hour,” hysteria creeping into my voice.

He beckoned for another more senior Delta person who ushered me to the front of the queue where I waited some more. Finally after what seemed like hours, but in fact was only minutes my Bag was being weighed. There were no questions about dogs or animals this time.

“Your Bag won’t get on this flight,” Delta lady said sympathetically.

“So what do I do now?" I replied with resignation.

 Well, Delta lady proceeded to schedule me onto another flight, free of charge. So my 9AM flight became a 4:50PM flight. There is so much more to this story, but you have so many A-Zers to follow, so I will skip to the end of the Bag saga.

On arriving in Nashville I made my way to Baggage claim and received a call from Husband. Delta contacted him and said my Bag was not on my flight and to check with Baggage services.

Wondering how Bag could not be on the same flight as me…..I mean really….

Guess what, Bag made the original 9AM flight after all. Bag had been sitting in the lonely Nashville Baggage room with all the other unclaimed or lost  Bags for 8 hours, while I sat in Minneapolis waiting for my rescheduled flight.

What can one say only Bleedy H E Hockey Sticks! Excuse my French!  :)
Hope to "C" you Monday.

25 comments:

Zan Marie said...

Good Grief! That's a bad bag of rotten luck! Having sat at a few airports in my time, I feel for you.

jkraus8464 said...

Very well done. I like your sense of humor. YOur blog is beautiful. I will be back to "C" you tomorrow. Oh, love the pun!

Ellen Brickley said...

Wow, I'm just glad they managed to get both you and the bag to the right place!

baygirl32 said...

Bleedy H E Hockey Sticks - LOVE it might have to borrow!

will be back to "c" you again sometime

http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

Sarah Allan said...

Ooh, I hate having to check baggage, but it's such a necessity. Grrr.... Excellent post, and I'm glad you had a sense of humor about it. I've definitely been in the same boat...had my luggage waiting for me when I get to a location later on. On the bright side, at least it was there and they didn't have to track it down! :-)

Looking forward to your "C" on Monday!

~Sarah
http://sarahallanauthor.blogspot.com/

Rosalind Adam said...

That's preposterous and it's the sort of incompetence that makes me fume. How on earth did you keep your patience? I hope you sent a strongly worded letter to them.

Brigid O'Connor said...

Love the 'hockey sticks', I am praying you nightly now that you make that flight!!

Along These Lines ... said...

At least airlines are still just losing bags. When they start losing passengers, I really will stop flying.

Jules said...

Sorry but LOL, I just got this imagine of all these bags discussing the human error ratio :)
"C" you Monday!
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Old Kitty said...

Ann!!! B for Bad Delta for losing your Bag and leaving it all lonely in the Baggage area and you all fraught with worry!!

Yay that you were all reunited eventually!! Phew!!! C for all is CALM now!!!! Yay!! Take care
x

nutschell said...

Wow! Can't believe your bag got there ahead of you! What a crazy day that must have been.
I'm glad you and BAG are together now.

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Oh dear!!! LOL

Great **B post, Ann!

Doris

Sue said...

I was so frustrated by waiting an hour for my bag once (after a one hour flight) that I only take carry on now, it's way less stressful. I've managed for 6 weeks travelling, which was a challenge but totally worthwhile. Isn't flying wonderful!

Anonymous said...

lol aw poor Bag :o)

Patricia Stoltey said...

This is the kind of stuff that makes travel insane. I travel to a small town in central Illinois and am routed through Chicago where I pick up a small commuter flight. My bag makes it to my destination on time at least 60% of the time....the rest of the time I wait at least 24 hours to get my clothes.

Manzanita said...

Bad Bag Baggage. They really like to surprise you, don't they?

Robyn Campbell said...

Dang the luck! I'm getting nervous for our flight to Ireland this summer. I hope we don't have these hangups. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheila Siler said...

Love the first two installments of the A to Z challenge - I'm hooked!

Sylvia Ney said...

Only one of many reasons why I drive whenever possible! Fellow "A to Z" participant here. I look forward to reading more from you.

Heather M. Gardner said...

And just think, those people are allowed to drive cars, fly planes and make kids!

Melissa Sarno said...

That totally stinks. Sounds like the airlines though. Always an annoying adventure. Hey that's a lot of A's...

Al said...

Wow this seems to be one popular blog fest.

enjoyed your "B"

The Words Crafter said...

I'm so sorry! The wonderful joys of plane travel....some you can live without, right?

walk2write said...

Typical airport SNAFU! Glad you finally reconnected with the bag and made it back with sanity intact!

Bob Scotney said...

Just found your blog, its title caught my eye on the A-Z list.

As for Delta we have a transatlantic flight from Amsterdam scheduled for June, No bags had better go AWOL then.