Pages


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

V is for


is for
Venue


The Tennessee Performing Arts Centre is known as the TPAC. The TPAC is located in the James K. Polk Cultural Center at 505 Deaderick Street in downtown Nashville. A large building spanning over two floors which includes three theatres and the Tennessee State Museum.

LS (Little Sister) and I saw the Broadway musical, “In the Heights” at the TPAC. While queuing for a glass of wine after collecting our tickets, I studied the posters of upcoming Broadway shows with growing envy. ‘Les Miserables,’ ‘Rain the Tribute to the Beatles,’ ‘Wicked’ and ‘The Colour Purple’ to name but a few. Performances by the resident Nashville Ballet, Nashville Opera, and Tennessee Repertory Theatre were also being touted. It was too much for this theatre enthusiast to bear!!! A rather large gulp of wine was required!






15 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Looks like an amazing venue, Ann!

MunirGhiasuddin said...

TPAC has taken entertainment to a higher level. I like the word you chose for the letter "V".

walk2write said...

*Sigh* Big cities do have their charms. TPAC sounds like a wonderful example.

Old Kitty said...

Do you mean there's a musical of The Colour Purple?!?! Wow!!!!

Yay for this wonderful theatre!! Take care
x

Heather M. Gardner said...

I guess I'm lucky living less than 2 hours from Manhattan. I could go to see any number of shows. A little expensive but close enough!

E. M. Prokop said...

Wow! What great shows to chose from! I want to see Rain.. They were up here a while ago and I hope they come back soon, I missed them last time. How was the show you saw? Sounds fabulous! Any of those would be great to see..

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Sounds like an amazing place to be.... someday:)

Theresa Milstein said...

I like your use of "V". Can't wait to see Y and Z.

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Thanks for stopping by I look forward to following you.

Plain Jane said...

Why is it that I don't take advantage of living only 20 minutes from downtown Los Angeles? Aaaarrrrgggg. My husband and I always talk about going but never make the time.

catdownunder said...

Oh my goodness...all those shows advertised at the one time. We would be lucky (very lucky) to get one of them in a year where I live and the seats would still be priced way above what I could afford. But, never mind, there are other advantages about living here!

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

wow... awesome shows... I'd be jealous too, especially about "Les Miserables." I'd love, love to see that show!

Doris

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place to visit. Thanks for this interesting post.

All the best, Boonie

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ann .. a few venues for differing shows .. looks really modern .. and the museum attached .. bet they've got lots ot offer .. I'd be drooling too! Cheers Hilary

Anonymous said...

hehe hope that wine didnt go straight to your head. The lights look amazing on the photo.