Pages


Thursday, April 14, 2011

L is for

is for

Legacy
Spring Break in Nashville, con't

On Tuesday night after The Doyle and Debbie show, LS and B-I-L thought a trip to The Patterson House for bite to eat was in order.

The Patterson House is a ritzy speak-easy named after Tennessee governor Malcolm R. Patterson, who vetoed statewide prohibition in 1909.  It is a house hidden in plain view, located on 1711 Division Street, a quiet road off Music Row. 
The Patterson House
As you open the ordinary door of The Patterson House and cross the threshold, its speak-easy Legacy gently whispers.  You step into a small foyer with a greeter, a whiskey barrel, tin ceilings and large mirrors. Heavy green curtains separate you from the bar. The speak-easy atmosphere is heightened by dimmed lights, patina wallpaper and built-in bookcases. The focus of the room is the massive bar manned by expert bartenders, who shake, rattle and roll those cocktail shakers.

Once seated we perused the menu.  The hardest decision was now at hand.  Which cocktail to choose.  LS suggested I try the El Diablo, made with  Lunazul Reposado Tequila, Lemon, House Made Ginger Syrup and Briottet Cassis.  The El Diablo is one of The Patterson House top five cocktails.  It is now my all time Number One!
 

  Next came the Tapas menu.  So many choices, Tater Tots with Horseradish and Dill Crème Fraiche, Black-Eyed Pea Hummus, Bacon Deviled Eggs, Shrimp Corndogs with Curried Ketchup and Mini Burgers.  Again I turned to LS and B-I-L.  Everything sounded delicious.  B-I-L ordered the Shrimp Corndogs, Bacon Deviled Eggs and Mini Burgers.  My mouth waters at the memory.  The Patterson House is a must stop when in Nashville. 
 

Books and Cocktails!
 

20 comments:

Old Kitty said...

I want to go here!! It;s my kind of place and is calling to me!!

Take care
x

walk2write said...

Thanks for the tip on good eats! I will look it up next time I'm in Nashville. We're usually just passing through on our way to visit family in S. Illinois. Next time, I'll insist on stopping.

Talli Roland said...

AHHH! That sounds like my kinda place, Ann! Great L word, by the way.

Plain Jane said...

Drool!!!! I want I want I want. By the end of this A to Z challenge I will have bought my plane ticket to Nashville. Actually, I should call my girlfriend who is from there and see if she wants to visit, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I will definitely have to remember this place. That cocktail sounds divine AND dangerous!

Great post!

www.TheRegalRenegade.com

Áine Tierney said...

Sounds devine Ann

Áine Tierney said...

or even divine!

Talei said...

Oh my goodness! You just made me very very very HUNGRY! ;-)

Golden Eagle said...

It sounds like a cool place! :)

Thanks for coming by my blog.

N. R. Williams said...

It sounds fabulous, though I must admit, my imagine cannot even visualize corn dog shrimp.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

J.L. Campbell said...

Sounds like there's a lot of history contained in Patterson House. Lovely pictures too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place. Great photos. I love to see photos of people's travels. Sounds like you really enjoyed your trip.

And thanks for commenting about my daughter's neck surgery. She is doing SO much better today; it's been 8 days. Step by step. She sounded very cheerful today and so am I. I hope you are too!
Ann Carbine Best’s Long Journey Home

Robyn Campbell said...

Love the photos. I'm thinking you had a really great time. Am I right? Like I'll feel this summer. Right? I'd like to visit the Patterson House someday. We live in NC, so it won't be too far to travel. In Asheville we have the Biltmore House. You need to come here some time.

Anonymous said...

Books and cocktails! lol what an amazing place. It has made my mouth water now too.

KM Nalle said...

OMG I need to go there. That sounds fabulous.

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

I'd like to try "El Diablo" :-))

Nice place to visit.

Doris

Melissa Sarno said...

Oh wow! If I ever go to Nashville I am definitely stopping by the Patterson House. I love speak-easys and fancy cocktails. And any place that serves a tater tot is my kind of place. So cool.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting place. Hmmm I wonder which of the cocktails would be my fav? :O)

Will Burke said...

OMG, that place sounds awesome! My wife's shared the Foodie gene with me, but the history would make me just giddy!

A said...

Oh I want to go there!