Pages


Friday, April 8, 2011

G is for

is for
Godchild

Spring Break in Nashville (con’t.)

Little Sister's youngest daughter is my 11year old Godchild.  She met me at the airport with her Dad and first thing I noticed was how tall she has grown. She has sprung up like a weed.  I got a glimpse of the beautiful woman waiting to emerge from the cutie little girl.

The second thing I noticed,  Godchild donned many of the wearable things I have given her over the past year or so.   That made my heart smile.

Godchild gave up her bedroom for my six day stay. Each morning I heard her opening the bedroom door and  thought she was trying to sneak in, to get something from her room.  I didn't want her to think she had distrubed me, so I pretended to be asleep.

On the fourth morning she peeked her head around the door but didn't come in, quietly closing the door behind her. I sat up in the bed and began working on my laptop. A few minutes later she arrived back holding a glass in her hand and a big smile flashed across her face. "I thought you might like a morning smoothie?" she said shyly.

Later I discovered Godchild had brought a smoothie up to me every morning.  When she thought I was asleep, she didn't want to wake me.

But on morning four LS told disappointed Godchild to go back and leave the glass on the bedside table that way I would have the smoothie when I woke up.

Godchild wasn't trying to slip into the room for forgotten socks after all. She was being a sweetheart and bringing me a glass of deliciousness each morning before she left for school.

Who's the lucky Godmother then???!!!!









22 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

omg what a sweetie pie! You have a great godchild!

Old Kitty said...

AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! She sounds so lovely!! What a beautiful sweetie!! Awwww - this is such a nice story, thank you! Take care
x

Jules said...

Well, I'm glad you wised up on day four. That is one special Godchild there. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Áine Tierney said...

That is so sweet Ann. Congrats on having such a lovely Godchild. You are lucky.

Keena said...

what a darling young lady. how thoughtful!!

Little Sister said...

She sure loves having you as a Godmother, she thinks she is the lucky one!

Little Sister said...

thank you for the story. it is lovely!!
-kate, your godchild

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ann .. what a delight - brilliant memories for you .. Godchildren - special people .. one of mine is born on the same day as my brother's neice .. they've become great friends .. different parts of England - but twins!! Wonderful "G" Cheers Hilary

J.L. Campbell said...

You've got a sweet Godchild indeed!

Jayne said...

Aw - she sounds amazing! You are obviously both blessed. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww thank you for sharing!weet! sweet!sweet! I am here from A to Z!
mukweto.com

Heather M. Gardner said...

Nice. Extra hugs for that one!

Christine said...

What a sweet blessing. You're lucky to have her.

Unknown said...

She's a sweetie. I would have done the same thing you did, pretended to be asleep. Gosh the things I'm probably missing by using that strategy.

Lucy

Brigid O'Connor said...

She is one in a million, Ann, what a gorgeous story.

Denise Covey said...

This is just beautiful Ann. How sweet is your godchild.

Denise<3

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

aw, so sweet! What a blessing :)

Ciara said...

That is so sweet. What a blessing to have. :)

Trisha said...

She sounds so very adorable! :D Great entry

Anonymous said...

aww you are very lucky :o) What a darling wee girl.

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful and sweet child! You have a great God daughter :) Great to meet you through A-Z!

Talli Roland said...

OMG!!! Aren't you the lucky one! She sounds so lovely, Ann.