Saturday, February 13, 2010
Let's be Honest
KarenG over at Coming Down the Mountain: From Reclusive Writer to Published Author was kind enough to bestow my blog with this award. Thank you so very much KarenG. Such excitement. My second award in as many weeks. Grinning from ear to ear.
1. List ten honest things about myself.
2. Pass the award along to ten Wonderful Blogs
OK here it goes:
1. I hate milk. It turns my stomach.
2. I have always wanted long shiny hair to toss over my shoulder. Oh and a straight nose.
3. I hate four way stops. It's like playing chicken. Roundabouts people!
4. I can only drive a stick shift car in Ireland. I can't work a stick shift with my right hand. (I know!!)
5. I hate driving in the snow, during summer construction, actually I hate driving in the US. They drive on the wrong side of the road here.
6. I always go off sweets and deserts for Lent. More for losing the winter lbs than a sacrifice thing.
7. I was one of those annoying people who could eat as much of anything I liked and not gain weight. Well those carefree days are now gone. :(
8. I love bookstores. I walk up and down the aisles picking up books I want until I can't carry anymore. Then I must choose. First telling myself, just one. Well maybe two, oh go on take three....Get the drift!
9. I have a weakness for shoes. Carrying on the same way with the shoes as I do in point 8 with books. Trips to shoe shops are limited for various reasons. Closet space being one. Scolding bank manager being another.
10. I love the smell and sound of the sea. I miss it when I am in Wisconsin. I spend part of everyday walking the beach when I am home.
I am passing this award onto the following Wonderful Blogs:
Barbara at From My Kitchen Table
Brigid at Sort of Witty
Niamh at Irish Wanderings
Katherine at Crystal Jigsaw
Old Kitty at Ten lives and second chances
Nedine at Nedine Says
Alison at Head Above Water
Susannah at The Streaming Now-everyday things
Suzanne at Tales of Extraordinary Ordinariness