Pages


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Finally Getting Around To Things!

Well Bloggie Friends, it is with big red face, I hang my head in shame. Many months ago I was given these beautiful awards.






Thank you Munir

 Munir of Focus bestowed Inkpots n' Qulls with the KREATIV Blog award on May 6. Yes you read right, MAY !!! But worse again Deirda of A Story Book World graciously gave me this Beautiful Mommy Writer award April 9. Yes it was this year….for all those guffawing in the background!!! Please visit Munir and Deirda. Please she begs Shamefacedly!!!!
.


Thank you Deirda
Are those of you who know me personally and those who have been following Inkpots n’ Quills for any length of time shaking heads and tisking at me?  You know I do eventually get around to things. Really I do, EVENTUALLY!

Take for instance the book reviews I promised to post on Amazon and Goodreads for Bloggie Pals, Talli RolandWatching Willow Watts” and Kathryn BrownDiscovery at Rosehill”. Yes, I finally sat my you know what down on the chair and threatened the little voice in my head not to open its mouth until the reviews were written. Little voice likes to tell me I am useless at writing reviews. It also tells me I am useless at critiquing. Little voice is a pain in the you know what. Anyway I got the reviews written and sighed a huge sigh of relief. Hopefully little voice is not right and my reviews don't embarrass Bloggie pals Talli and Kathryn or myself.  Fingers Crossed!

I was spurred on by Beth Groundwater's post, “Feeling Uncomfortable” on InkSpot. This post got me thinking. I do feel very uncomfortable writing reviews and critiquing. So I am delighted to say, last night I took one huge leap out of my comfort zone. Thank you Beth Groundwater for that kick in the you know what.

Now onto the  KREATIV Blogger award. The rules are to tell you five facts about myself, so here it goes,

1. Well you already know the first fact. Not very timely

2. I have a slight problem with perfection. It alludes me.

3. I am a hat and shoe person. Wardrobe is overflowing with hats and shoes. I definately need a bigger wardrobe!

4. I am also a major book person. Every room in my house has an overflowing bookcase or two and then of course there are the stacks of books beside my bed, under my bed and on the bedside table that will not fit into the bedroom bookcase!

5. When I am feeling sad or down Husband who hates bookstores asks if I would like to go to Borders for a few hours. I am bereft at the moment.....because our Borders is closing down.....

Well there you have. Now I am to pass this award onto five other KREATIV Bloggers.  Are you joking me? Really only five????

1. Theresa @ Substitute Teacher’s Saga
2. Len @ Conversations with Self
3. Catherine @ Dispatches from the Deise
5. Maire @ Maire Rue Writes


Whew!

21 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Congrats on the awards. It was nice getting to know you a bit better. I'm sad about Borders, too. Have put off seeing what's discounted because, well, it seems like I'm a vulture. *sighs*

(Love summer hats!)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I finally gave up on awards for all of these reasons, like never getting around to it and then forgetting who gave it to me in the first place. But I still write reviews!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Congratulations to all the winners of the award. Perfection, I think, eludes everyone. Just strive for your best.

Old Kitty said...

Hello beautiful Ann!! Yay for your you know what! LOL!!

Congratulations with your fabulous awards!!

May you surround yourself with lots more hats, shoes and books! Let's hope a new borders rises from the ashes!!

Take care
x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anne, that Beautiful Mommy Writer Award is lovely. You are certainly a blogger of a very fine style.
You reminded me that I have some obligations as well to keep, when it comes to the blog award traditions. This is Munir over here at Focus. Enjoy the awards. I certainly did.

A said...

Congrats, you deserve them all :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't keep up with everything. I'm not doing awards anymore, but I think reviews are important. At first I felt like I couldn't do one, but now I can.

And oh, I'm so sad about Borders (where my granddaughter's friends worked) that I don't even like to think about it. I hope there's another bookstore you can go to. Books, hats, shoes--we need all of them!!
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

Tara said...

Congrats on the awards! And hellow from a fellow campaigner. :-)

Theresa Milstein said...

Thanks for thinking of me, Ann! Congratulations on your awards.

I have a bit of a book problem too. My weakness is handbags and shoes.

Ciara said...

Congrats on the awards! I love that momma one. :)

Len Lambert said...

Congratulations on the awards, Ann. Thank you for passing them on to me, that's sweet :)

I love shoes, too!!! And books of course, hee hee :)

Jules said...

Congratulations Ann on the awards, see we still luv ya! And thanks for thinking of me. Hats, pens and notebooks are my down fall. I did not realize this until I had to pack them all recently. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the awards! :)

There are bookshelves in almost every room in our house; and I've got a large library stack next to my bed, just waiting for me to finally dig into. LOL.

Will Burke said...

Sorry about your Borders. Have you got some independant stores in the area? It's harder to while away hours, but it's nice to support the little guys & gals.

Talli Roland said...

Congrats on the award, lovely lady! I am the worst at passing along awards... I've pretty much stopped now.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I really appreciate it - and it's very well written! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed 'Willow'.

Unknown said...

But those are beautiful. the thought behind it always counts.

Possum said...

Popping over from the BBQ.
I had a time of living in the US and Borders was my go-to place when I felt lonely. How sad yours is closing down

Rick Watson said...

I'm terrible with awards. I get them from time to time and I often handle them badly.
NOTE TO SELF: stop that.
I'm sorry Borders is closing too. Bummer.

Words A Day said...

perfection is over rated! Congrats on the awards, they're very pretty ones!

Trisha said...

Congrats on your award, Ann! I like you often take ages to get around to acknowledging these things. I'm terrible for it!

Amanda Milner said...

A congrats to you on your beautiful awards! If it makes you feel better I've been trying to play catch up too. :P And I'm pretty sure I misplaced a few awards. Yikes! Go ahead, I give you permission to tsk and guffaw. ;)
So sad about Borders. :(
I'm a shoe and purse person and also have overflowing bookshleves and teetering stacks of books in every room. I love it!
By the way, Hey there from a fellow Campaigner.☺